Marley Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have had a new roof fitted just less than six weeks ago, a large section of the roof is covered in efflorescence. I have had a rep out from Marley how has basically told me the tiles are fit for purpose and it will weather in 12 months time. And if not he will consider painting the roof which I don't think I acceptable as the colour of the product that has been delivered is not what I was expecting. The contractor who installed the roof is now nothing else he can do and want paid the remaining balance. Any advice would be appreciated as I was wondering if this legal.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1993467#1993467#ixzz1MtHQkPO8

Sponsored Links
Redland used to have an issue with this a while back and we actually had a contract with them to effectively wash down the roof, the solution we washed it down with was a very mild acid solution which weathered the surface to a certain extent and worked very well.

It does look bloody orrible at first but it will as the rep says weather down
(I'm assuming the tiles are concrete BTW)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back