Marshalltown 14x5 Gold Trowel (MPB145GSD)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have been looking to buy the MPB14SSD Marshalltown 14" stainless steel pre-worn trowel when I saw that there is a 'gold' version available.

Is there any difference between the two (besides colour) ?

Why would you buy the gold version when it generally costs more than the standard s/steel pre-worn trowel ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I have been looking to buy the MPB14SSD Marshalltown 14" stainless steel pre-worn trowel when I saw that there is a 'gold' version available.

Is there any difference between the two (besides colour) ?

Why would you buy the gold version when it generally costs more than the standard s/steel pre-worn trowel ?

Thanks.
the heat treatment given to the trowel to achieve the gold finish is supposed to make it retain its flexibility throughout the life time of the trowel, i use the gold trowels and can recommend them

i use the gold trowels and can recommend them

I've got both an 11" (std preworn) & this 14" goldie.

Only use the 14" for laying on walls with no fiddly bits - otherwise the 11".

I also prefer using the 14" for all 'polishing', as for me, I find it easier to avoid trowel lines.

Very pleased with it.

At the moment I have found a gold one costing slightly less than the standard s/steel but was hesitant to purchase because I thought it may not be as good.

So thanks Steve, I will now be going for the gold.

Sponsored Links
At the moment I have found a gold one costing slightly less than the standard s/steel but was hesitant to purchase because I thought it may not be as good.

So thanks Steve, I will now be going for the gold.
i was at a car boot a couple of months ago and came across someone with a 14in and a 13in gold permashape brand new, i bought the pair off him for £25 their just sitting in my shed at the moment, i had to think twice about buying them because i already have 3 new ones waiting to be broken in but at that price i had to buy, all ive got to do is sell one of them to get my money back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back