Mason greenwood case dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So today Manchester police have advised they are dropping the case due to key witnesses dropping from the case and new evidence coming to light.

The full police statement sounds like a spot of arse covering for ruining a young man's career.

I feel sorry for the guy, he's lost so much even though the charges have been dropped he'll be forever tainted and likely will still be dropped by man u, or at best kept on the sidelines till his contract runs out.

It's a great shame that the accuser doesn't get prosecuted for wasting police time.

Footballers are an all to easy target, if I was a footballer now I wouldn't ever go out and probably turn into a monk through fear of accusations

Sponsored Links
I'd question why key witnesses withdrew their involvement first ?

Lots of possible reasons, but sounds too simple to assume too much

I'd question why key witnesses withdrew their involvement first ?

Lots of possible reasons, but sounds too simple to assume too much

There is a number of things

Coerced is one, but I doubt it, I doubt he would risk this route.

So most likely is that one of the witnesses grew a conscious, or the new evidence blew a hole in the witnesses statement and therefore they had no choice to retract it. Which judging by the police statement is most likely what happened.

Sponsored Links
On another note, these fake cases don't help those that have a genuine case.

These women who cry wolf need to understand the wiser consequences of their actions.
if that is the case.

you seem to be quite confident there's no smoke.

You seem to be quite confident that the police are being untruthful.
always 2 sides to a story.

seems too simple to just say they have found some holes in the case. If that was really the case then why did it get this far ?

some info missing.

Not judging either way, but not convinced we have anywhere near the full story to be able to be certain, of any outcome

The case may have been dropped, but after everyone seen the video surely his career in this country is over, can't see a top club playing him, sponsors etc wouldn't be happy, and i think we all know who the witness is.

The case may have been dropped, but after everyone seen the video surely his career in this country is over, can't see a top club playing him, sponsors etc wouldn't be happy, and i think we all know who the witness is.
Who? The Vardy woman??

If it was me, accused of such and the case was dropped, I'd want the other person prosecuted.

Time will, or may, tell
Who do you want prosecuted? the reason the case has been dropped is most likely the alleged victim has refused to give evidence, and probably has all along.

Who do you want prosecuted? the reason the case has been dropped is most likely the alleged victim has refused to give evidence, and probably has all along.
I don't want anybody prosecuted personally, I have no evidence either way, and any outcome won't affect me in any way.

But IF it was me that had been named like he has been, and I was innocent, I would want my accuser to be prosecuted. And I would pursue it heavily.

always 2 sides to a story.

seems too simple to just say they have found some holes in the case. If that was really the case then why did it get this far ?

some info missing.

Not judging either way, but not convinced we have anywhere near the full story to be able to be certain, of any outcome
There's three sides to a story, their version, his version, the truth.

Sponsored Links
Back