Mason greenwood case dropped

If the potential victim who brings the complaint remains anon so should the person accused of the crime remain anonymous untill he or she is proven guilty

Similar caper occurred with that beech fruit cake with his groundless
Accusations against a number of people

Afai am concerned he should spend the rest of his life behind bars

Sponsored Links
Has anybody listened to the audio recording?
I have, and i wouldn't want him playing for a club i support, but Utd do have recent history of players such as Ronaldo, who gave a lady a vast sum of hush money, and Ryan Giggs appearing as a guest in the directors box after being charged with assaulting 2 women.

I have, and i wouldn't want him playing for a club i support, but Utd do have recent history of players such as Ronaldo, who gave a lady a vast sum of hush money, and Ryan Giggs appearing as a guest in the directors box after being charged with assaulting 2 women.

Is not just United:if someone is valuable enough, a lot of organisations willl and do cock a deaf 'un.

Sponsored Links
There are some audio recordings on the internet. Have you heard them?

No, I didn't realise there was

However my judgement is based on the police advising that new evidence has emerged and a key witness has this removed themselves which suggests that the recordings aren't entirely what they seem

Last edited:
If the potential victim who brings the complaint remains anon so should the person accused of the crime remain anonymous untill he or she is proven guilty

Similar caper occurred with that beech fruit cake with his groundless
Accusations against a number of people

Afai am concerned he should spend the rest of his life behind bars
There's a lot of discussion about this. The main possible downside for that is based on the reality of how little rape and sexual assaults are reported.

A lot of the time once a single person reports a rapist then other victims come forward. If no one knows that they aren't alone then each individual case can crumble when together they're damning. Jimmy Saville was eventually exposed that way.

There's an interesting approach I heard about where people can identify another person as an attacker, but they stay anonymous, and the report is hidden until someone else also reports them. If two or more people report that person then a law firm gets in touch with both reporters and then they can consider taking it to the police. Ideally people who've been sexually assaulted will go to the police directly immediately and justice will be delivered, but since that doesn't happen it's a clever way to try to patch that hole.

If he is innocent, and wants to clear his name fully, the only way to do it, would be to take the accuser to court.

Let's see if that happens

Which translates to me, as, "let's put it behind us" and doesn't prove anything either way.

If they are happy with that, I don't have an issue with it. But it is likely to affect his career
They are adults, they can do what want, the problem is the tape recordings and pictures which many have heard and seen, and made their own minds up, me included.

Young love / £100k a week eh?
If he was found guilty his contract would be torn up, probably worth about £20m to him, which Utd still have to pay unless they reach an agreement with him, and let him move elsewhere, more likely abroad, keeping him could create a lot of problems, at a time Utd are up for sale.

Purely on ability though, a loss to English football. I thought he'd have made a great striker.
Some of these young players need mentoring, they are on vast wages and idolised with no idea of how to behave, Greenwood has a bit of a history, albeit nothing proved (but his name kept appearing) going back a few years, so the recent events came as no surprise.

Sponsored Links
Back