masonry bee problem?

I was working on the side of my house last weekend and noticed 2 holes drilled for a sky dish with lots of bees coming and going. Once I finished my work, I filled these two holes with silicone.

There was a lot of bees around for 2 days- all gone now.

My house - my rules.

Andy

Sponsored Links
wow!
I hadn't expected a reply after all this time but pleased to see that posts are revisited from time to time.
My final conclusion was to leave the bees and they have since moved on.

Now though I have spotted a wasps nest in my roof. Until today we had not been bothered but 1 must have gone into the loft and then past a spotlight bulb in the kitchen ceiling (we have a bungalow) to make a nuisance of itself.
I won't be so tolerant of these creatures. Grandchildren and the wife won't allow it.
I have seen cans of spray in the likes of B&Q so will maybe give that a go. Any thoughts anyone?
Cheers

Just puff some ant powder in the hole where they come in & out
With in a few days they will all be dead

Thanks retrieverman,

I'll try that, probably this weekend.

I like that idea better than trying to remove the slates, finding the nest and spraying with foam - no doubt when they are disturbed at the slate removal.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Hi make sure u puff it in and around the the hole they use
So as they go in. They take it in with them then leave it a couple of days
It should do the trick if u still see them after a couple of days do it again
Just to Finnish off any stragglers
Mick

Hello Retriever man,
Thank you the wasps are gone.
But not from my efforts.
When I told people what I planned they regaled with me with horror stories of relatives stung badly and needing hospital treatment.
Then I went to spray the ant powder at about 10.30pm when it was dark. The wasps obviously didn't know they should have been less active because they seemed to be going in / out only slightly less frequently that in the day time. (Maybe due to the bright streetlight shining on them?)

So, seeing that, I bailed and paid someone to come round and do it. The wasps went manic at first but now seem to have died.
I appreciate your support but in the end it wasn't too expensive considering I became a coward........
Thank you again, Pete

Hi pete I've done about 20 wasp nests over
The years with ant powder only been stung once
Lucky I guess the idea was to give them a good quick blast of
Powder in and around the hole & retreat quick always done the trick
For me And no more wasps mick

Thanks again retrieverman,
Maybe I'll try your way if I get another. (If I get brave enough after the horror stories)
Even my Mum now tells me she killed a nest by spraying the foam through an airbrick so I guess I officially have no 'cojones'

But as I said it wasn't too expensive and I'm glad it's gone, cheers,
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back