humming sounding noise in house

I'd be inclined to remove those aerials for a while, or even replace them inside the roof, to see if they are the cause of the humming, it may be the wind effecting them.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I have a bungalow standing empty and the neighbour said they could hear a similar noise. I eventually traced it to the taps, as soon as I turned one on it went, although they had not been running at all. Almost like a pressure build up caused the hum/whistle noise, The kitchen taps are lever ones and I have solved it by elastic band across the levers and holding them shut. Not sure if its the same for you but worth a try.
Good luck.
Rob

Does neighbour have water tank? ball valve can make a rapidvibrating sound if faulty when filling tank, if the overflow is dripping it will occur only when the level drops a little in the tank.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back