Massive water butt in new house garden - not working/thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there all - we've recently moved into a new house, and the previous occupier left a water butt in the garden. However, it's not any ordinary water butt - it's a huge one. I've attached a photo below.

It looks like a pretty hefty one, and can't have been cheap. The problem is, it doesn't seem to be working properly. It appears to have been connected to the mains at some point (I assume for a pump), but all the wires have been severed. It's full, but has no way of getting the water out aside from taking the lid off and scooping water out.

Anyone know what make or model this is? I've had a scout online, and can't see anything. And there doesn't appear to be anything on the butt itself.

Attachments

• waterbutt.JPG
    waterbutt.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 250
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You'll be able to syphon a fair amount of the water out - at least enough for you to be able to tip it on its side.
John :)

Just search for 'Water Butt Pump'.

Failing that, I bought a big Water Butt and use a Hozelock 3.5bar pump to give me better-then-mains water pressure for washing the car etc! it is fantastic for washing the cars & the garden during the summer, especially as rain water leaves very few water marks on the car.

I imagine that's what your previous chap did!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back