Matching Bricks Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a house and had a window removed / blocked. I need to find some matching bricks, to brick it up from out side.

I have tried a couple of web sites on the net where you can upload an image and they will find a match for your bricks and then get in touch, unfortunately I have had no replies, thus the reason why I am here.

I understand that a perfect match is not possible, due to the house being about 100 years old.

I hope somebody can help me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12737736/missing-bricks.jpg
missing-bricks.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
They're imperial Accrington brick - you'll have to get reclaims about 80p a brick. Built to last :cool:

In Lancs by any chance?

reclamation yard. Martin edwards Preston.
Too scabby and irregular to be Accrington bricks- They look like Clay common bricks to me going off the pics.
I work/deal with bricks every day and know .

To me- it looks like the gable end of a terraced house--the front of which is usually of 'proper' accrington brick construction . circa 1900 .

Of course- I could be wrong !! Dont think I am though .
Going off downpipe -- It could also be the back !!

Sponsored Links
My local Travis Perkins came out to match some bricks for me, with great result. Might be worth an ask.

Andy.

I was not convinced they were acc'y brick but he will have them.
Yeh He would say that- usually just before he says 20% vat on top !!.
No way in the world are they accy bricks . They are just ordinary clay common - of no particular regular size . They were just 'thrown in' at time of construction --just a sign of the times .
Also- for anyone considering buying such bricks off a reclamation company- (not just M Edwards) -- if buying in quantity- DO NOT buy pallet loads until you have seen what's on inside of the packs..
Reclamation companies only pay peanuts for those bricks and
us builders know that -- so we make sure we stack all decent bricks on outside of pallets and we chuck all the rough stuff in the inside layers.
Enough said .

I still think they look like Accrington (Nori's) although a bit rough and smoke stained - but I'm imagining they've been there for knocking on 120years.

Don't look like a gable but the OP's obviously not bovvered so it's pointless pontificating further. :D

I still think they look like Accrington (Nori's) although a bit rough and smoke stained - but I'm imagining they've been there for knocking on 120years.

Don't look like a gable but the OP's obviously not bovvered so it's pointless pontificating further. :D
You said it Hotrod . Op cant be all that bothered

He doesn't say where he lives either, so if he is Sussex for example they are more likely to be Southwaters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back