Matching shower trap with tray thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As stated in my other post, I’ve been looking at replacing the trap supplied with my new shower tray with a McAlpine ST90CPB-S. Thing is, they quote a tray thickness of 0 - 17mm and this is where my uncertainty lies.
The thickness of my tray is 20mm across its middle, but around the drain it is approximately 13mm rising up to the 20mm (obviously). I would assume that I am right on the limit of what the trap is designed for, or does the measurement relate to the overall thickness of the tray i.e. 20 mm?
They do produce a longer flange, but it is difficult to get hold of and £20 to boot! Is this what I need?
I note, oddly, that the HP model of the trap is designed for 5 - 14mm and 21 - 30mm trays (with xl flange), but seemingly nothing in between. That would seem to suggest that these could not be used on my tray, if I need the higher throughput!?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back