MATCHING STAINED WOOD COLOUR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've BUILT SOME UNITS IN A CUSTOMERS DINING ROOM AND SHE WANTS THE NEW WOOD STAINED LIKE THE FURNITURE SHE HAS BROUGHT.ITS SUPPOSED TO BE OAK BUT ITS JUST A CHEAP PINE THATS STAINED TO LOOK LIKE OAK!.IVE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT COLOURS BUT THE WHITE PINE JUST doesnt STAIN THE SAME.ALSO TRIED DISSTRESSING NEW WOOD WITH BLACK BEFORE STAINING BUT NOT RIGHT FINISH ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS? I'VE GOT THE CLOSEST COLOUR MATCH BUT NEED TO AGE/DISSTRESS BEFORE STAINING?

Sponsored Links
you should be trying to stain an old bit off pine thats been kicking round your workshop for a year or so and has taken up that non yellow antique pine colour as thats the coulour it needs to be
mixtures of antique pine light and dark oak waterbased staines and coloured varnish
not nesisserily mixing in a tin but one or more layer from 1 2 or 3 stains or coloured varnish

I have trench heaters in the living room and honestly that was the best decision. Verano has their heater grills silver (at least for our heaters), and that is the only part visible, they usually suit all interiors. Silver always looks nice ;) and my wife doesn't complain about matching their colour to furniture.

:?: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back