Materials for reflooring garden shed / workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We have a largish old timber garden shed (15x4 meters), which is in solid condition. But it shows its age, and floor & walls have gaps and holes. It gets wet when it rains due to water leak as well.

I am thinking of restoring it - reflooring and putting another layer of walls inside on the top of exisitng floor and walls, and on the outside - getting timbers to reskin the whole shed. I am planning to use the shed as storage / small workshop.

What material would be best for inside reflooring and re-walling? I want to make it totally water & wind tight. Would it be better to use solid timber or plywood of some sort for this? Or would it be OK to use cheap tongue & groove floor boards from B&Q made of chipboard? They would be cheap, but I am not sure if they can withstand dampness from rain.

Thanks in advance for your advice & info. cheers.

Jay

Sponsored Links
pictures would be helpful or at least construction method and materials

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back