Matt over silk, next steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating one of my rooms and have sanded the silk paint with 180grit. I wasn't doing this because of the silk paint but just to smooth the walls. Last night I started to paint the walls with Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt and immediately noticed that the paint was both drying too fast and peeling in some areas.unsure what to do, I opted for a mist coat of regular emulsion 50:50 with water. This coated well and whilst it dried quickly the finish, for a mist coat, was ok.

Question is, what to do now? I am going to give it a quick rub down, and I could then go straight to vinyl matt again or something else? I have a tin of zinsser 123 to hand or could go with another mist coat?

What do you all think?

Sponsored Links
The new paint.

The mist coat has done its job. Just added a fresh coat off trade vinyl and all is good with the world again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back