MATT WOODEN FLOORS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm currently stripping the floorboards in my Victorian terrace.
They have already been done before, using a clear gloss varnish, but they were a horrid orange colour.
I'm really after a very light oak colour, with a matt finish.
I'm having alot of trouble finding a clear matt varnish suitable for floors, they all seem to be gloss or satin
Does anyone know where I would be able to get hold of a matt varnish for floors - and how to achieve a really pale oak (not orange)! colour for my floorboards?
Hope someone has some ideas out there!
Thanks
Ali

Sponsored Links
Not sure if this is suitable for flooring, but google came up with This Firm when I tried "Matt Varnish".

Hope it helps, they offer mail order and the prices do not seem bad. There's a LOT of varnish and stains on the site, so maybe you'll find all you want?

Hi

Not actually a matt finish, but a water based acrylic sealant which doesn't colour (at all) and dries satin. Aqualac (Screwfix stock it). It dries in about half an hour, you can slosh it on without being too careful (unlike varnish), it doesn't stink, and the end result feels lovely to the touch. Not Matt though!

Linda

Sponsored Links
Have you thought of using oil products which is so easy to do ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back