Max height single floor rear extension question house on hil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know for a rear single level extension if its within 2m of the boundary, the max height at the eves can be 3 meters and then overall height no more than 4 meters (assume thats max height were extension roof meets house, and the 3 meters the lowest point if roof is pitched ?).

My question is at what point do these measurements start is it from the actual ground level outside the rear of the property or the existing ground floor level in the property ? I ask because I was looking at getting a rear extension but my house is a hill so when I walk out of my back door I have to walk down 5 steps to ground level with the garden continuing to slope away, the drop is about 50-60cm. If I take the meaurements from outside ground level I will effectively have to have a step down into the extension, if its from floor level I dont have the issue.

thanks

Sponsored Links
It's the ground immediately adjacent to the extension, not that at the other end of the garden

Sponsored Links
It's the ground immediately adjacent to the extension, not that at the other end of the garden

If you built up the ground level, how long would you have to wait before this became the new official ground level ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back