Maximum spurs in ceiling rose 'loop'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the maximum number of spurs which can be taken from the 'loop' connection in a ceiling rose?

Currently there are 3 live wires in the loop connector - can I add one more for another feed?

It's not in a traditional rose, the loops are In a connector block. Could I add another to the opposite terminal?

Thanks

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
What is the maximum number of spurs which can be taken from the 'loop' connection in a ceiling rose?
There is no maximum.

Currently there are 3 live wires in the loop connector - can I add one more for another feed?
Yes

It's not in a traditional rose, the loops are In a connector block. Could I add another to the opposite terminal?
Yes.

As EFLI has said, you can do as you propose, limited only by how may conductors will fit into the terminals (of the connector blocks, in your case). However, do all the additional lights need to be arranged as spurs from this one - can't you loop at least some of them 'from one to next', in the conventional way?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Have you misread?
Maybe. The second question in the OP asked whether it was OK to 'add one more'. However, the first question asked about the "maximum number of spurs" that could be taken from a rose. maybe I was over-interpreting that first question.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back