mayo problem vauxhall meriva

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, just looking for some advise on a v/meriva 1.4 2006.

since buying the car ive had a normal amount of mayo on the filler cap and on the hose to throttle, the mayo is due to car doin only 2 miles per day with a 10 mile each way tip once per week, so as you guys know ill never burn away the condensation..

however today ive been out at my car tracing oil leak topped up to find excess mayo on filler cap and a coating of mayo on the expansion tank wall

car runs fien however leeks oil at crankshaft oil seal and has doen for some time so oil loss is not down to head gasket as far as i know

the burnign questions are in relation to mayo...its been winter so could i expect extra mayo and what aabout mayo in the expansion tank
thanks

terry

Sponsored Links
Mayo on the oil filler cap is absolutely no problem at all, with short runs like these.....however, there shouldn't be mayo deposits in the coolant at all, so I'd recommend a garage do a 'sniff' test just to see about the head gasket integrity.
John :)

thanks john,

i forgot all about sniff test, ill organise one tomorrow

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
That looks like the genuine article, and if its genuine Snap On then it will be fine.
Usually the solution is blue, and when the vapour above the coolant (not the liquid itself) is bubbled through it, the solution turns yellow if exhaust gas is present.
I don't know if the solution has a shelf life or not but I'm sure you could get some more.
I'll buy it if you dont :p
John :)

Back