mcafee security.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help please, i have had mcafee security on my aspire 1610-LB7Z.vista. from new for last 2 months.
and it loaded ok/ and all was fine.
but now when i double click on it in the toolbar to start it, all i get come up on screen is a blank white box. with mcafee logo
if i right click on it in toolbar i can check its updated, and subscription is valid etc. and start virtual technician which comes back saying system ok.
so i tried to reload the software but that just comes up on screen as a blank white box as well.
ive done a restore back for a week in case ive altered somthink ,but no joy.
any help welcome as long as its not to complecated. regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Personally I think Mcafee is poo...

Google AVG free virus protection, it's just as good with no hassle, and free!

Sounds to me as though your version of mcafee may not be compatible with Vista.

Try to get updates to stabilise and if not, do a reinstallation.

Sponsored Links
sorry late reply/ isp- talk talk. took me offline last few days. :( .
anyway as i only bought the comp in march ,there wasnt much on it so done a restore back till then.
then reloaded mcafee and all is ok/ again for now ?
perhaps as you say vista dont like it, its on spare comp windows xp/ and been no trouble.
anyway thanks again. r.r.

Hi redrunner, that doesn't prove a huge amount because the restore will remove any software you may have installed since then.

I would check for updates, if there are no updates and product should be vista certified now - then you have installed something since March that has a conflict with it. If you are now downloading software to get you back to where you were, check mcafee following each install to spot what caused the problem.

thanks jonsey123, i see what you mean, its a bona fide mcafee security i bought and fully updated now, i will do as you say and check after i download/install anythink new. regards.r.r.

Back