modem trouble.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have windows xp, and ive been trying to reconect the talk talk - broadband modem as it just gave up on me.
its a smartax mt882/ this is a replacement they sent me, but along with the software they sent me it refuses to connect via the ethernet cable, i had same problem before but fitted a new network card ? in comp.a while back along with a new cable and it was ok till now.
it will however conect via a usb port.
another thing is when using the software to try and conect via ethernet cable ive had a box come on screen saying - [out of memory at line 734 ,] could this whatever it is have any bearing on the trouble ? .
regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Doing a quick google, will show you that lots of users are having problems with this device. Why don't you bite the bullet and replace it with something better. One of the netgear range will give you better service and support.

It always looks like a bargain when an ISP gives you free stuff, however, it's likely to be a cheap and nasty.

thanks for reply igorian/ yes i think i will see whats on offer on ebay, and what my local comp shop have on offer.
my son who is on talk talk also has been getting same problem he nows tells me .
as i dont know any think worth knowing about comp,s / i just go with the flow. . regards. r.r.

thanks for reply igorian/ yes i think i will see whats on offer on ebay, and what my local comp shop have on offer.
my son who is on talk talk also has been getting same problem he nows tells me .
as i dont know any think worth knowing about comp,s / i just go with the flow. . regards. r.r.

A Netgear 834 (G if you want wireless), is not a bad option and not a bad price.

Sponsored Links
I second the advice. Had a mate who had spent 10 hours to keep trying to get his Talk Talk modem via ethernet working. 5 Minutes with a Netgear, sorted.

cheers for reply markbarl, know what you mean, been there done it. :(
they are as igorian said. .crap./ .
im using a borrowed 1 at the mo, till i get a new 1. .regards. r.r.

mate has talk talk, likes it
My nan lived 'til she was a hundred and five years old, and she smoked eighty king size fags a day, which proves that smoking is good for you.

Go for it - sign up with Talk Talk - you'll deserve each other.

Sponsored Links
Back