ethernet/

Eddie M said:
Not as bad as someone at my old place ordering several thousand USB connected PIN pads for our windows NT 4 estate, doh !!
But there's an easy and very cheap way out of that...

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention they are geographically spread around the country in 2000 plus locations. Also, not all workstations would have USB attached devices. No I maintain it was still a complete 'mare.

Sponsored Links
If I'd known that (i.e. not assumed that they weren't ;) then I'd never have claimed there was an easy/cheap way out - I hereby retract

I'm glad I didn't make the c*ck up!

Nah, it's ok, they keep the 2000 32 inch plasma screen's company, following another canned project ! And you wonder why your bank charges are so high :(

just an update is all/ dunno what your chatting about anway on last few parts. lol. anyway i done as suggested bought a new usb card to go inside , put it where the .line in/ phone / one was [ not needed ] it is a -pci usb 2.0 card-5 port [ 1 internal ]. was £5.82 in all/ and all systems do seem much faster .ie. printer/scanner/ etc. oh/ and the new talktalk modem via the new ethernet seems to have settled down to a reasonable speed. so all in all im a happy bunny, thanks again for the help given. regards.r.r ..........ps, i wont even ask what the point of a usb port inside is all about :) .r.r.

Back