kvm switchbox.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, as i now have a spare comp i want to fix it up so my g,daughters can use it via my monitor when its not in use by myself
after looking on ebay i see a divice named-[ 2 port kvm switchbox ]
would i be right in thinking this is what i need to get so spare comp can be used
at the moment i have mine working via ethernet cable, and spare comp via usb.into the adsl modem,
and have been changing the monitor lead from 1 to the other as space is a bit tight for 2 monitors.
regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
A KVM switch will allow you to share one keyboard input, one video output, and one mouse input, between as many computers as the switch will support.

Sounds like just a monitor switch will do your purpose, if this spare computer has it's own keyboard and mouse - otherwise, you can use a KVM switch, and share the keyboard and mouse between both pcs too, but they have to be either PS2 or really simple USB ones - not fancy stuff, nor the wireless ones that only have the one plug-in adapter - the wireless ones that can be converted to PS2 work ok.

sorry about late reply,
just found them both :oops: / yes it seems what i need is just a monitor switchbox as both comps have there own mouse/ keyboard etc, and the spare will go via the usb port on my modem as the new comp is via the ethernet port .
that should keep g,kids happy and no unwanted stuff on me new comp :) .thanks for help. regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
Unless of course your monitor supports two vga inputs then the switching is done through the monitor. with no need for an external switch.

thanks tim west, monitor only has the one vga input so looks like a monitor switchbox is what i need
so will be looking to get one of them. regards. r.r.

Back