McAlpine Bidet Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a McAlpine Bidet Trap and have discovered in their booklet that because it's a 19mm water trap it must NOT be connected into a Soil Pipe. My only conclusion is that this may be due to suction and possible risk of emptying of the trap when the pan is flushed, if it can't be connected to the 110mm soil then where to ? The original pan, basin and bidet were connected into the soil pipe.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I guess they would mean that its not to be on the same 110 mm horizontal soil branch for a toilet to avoid induced syphoning, reckon it would be ok to connect into a vertical soil pipe or a vented branch.
That being said, 19mm traps are no longer acceptable under building regs, and can only be used where it is a direct replacement and nothing else can be used.

I guess they would mean that its not to be on the same 110 mm horizontal soil branch for a toilet to avoid induced syphoning, reckon it would be ok to connect into a vertical soil pipe or a vented branch.
That being said, 19mm traps are no longer acceptable under building regs, and can only be used where it is a direct replacement and nothing else can be used.

To my uncertain knowledge all traps connected to a single stack SVP should be 75mm deep & shower traps can be 50mm. Bidet traps are a smaller seal & smaller generally due to the height available under a bidet.
You could always run the bidet wast outside & alter the drain to fit a 110mm trap to take the waste pipe.

Me, I'd just fit the wee trap & connect it to the SVP..........unless it's a new build, the Drainage Police ain't going to be round any time soon & it's unlikely to 'pull' the bidet trap anyway.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back