MCB's in Hager split consumer box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on my Hager Consumer box please.
I've found conflicting images of the order the fuses go in. My box has 3 32amp fuses on the right and fuses 16,6,6 on the left with the 16amp being the outermost fuse. I have been told that the left side is the wrong way round.
I have seen a Hager diagram with this kind of configuration, but another picture showed the lower amp MCB on the outside.
Just to clarify my unit has: 16,6,6-----32,32,32--Main Switch.

Sponsored Links
A lot of people (including me) like to order MCBs in order of rating. The logic being that you have power travelling the minimum distance in order to reach the protective device.

In reality though, it doesn't really make any difference :D

Do you mean fuses?

The ratings quoted imply mcbs in which case the position order does not really matter although normal practice is to place the higher ratings nearer the supply side.

Your question was a bit confusing (left, right, outside).
Looking at the numbers, what do the dashes represent?

Can you post a photo please

Do you have an RCD(s) in the consumer unit

and lastly.............why are you concerned about this?

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your comments.
I think I will leave it as it is. I just wanted to be armed with some knowledge when, and if, my builder and the electrician turn up on Friday to look at all the other faults!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back