Hager mcb question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my current hager split board was manufactured around 2000, the mcbs have a metal clip on the lower back part, the newer hager mcbs of the same type have a plastic clip, I think they are for locating on the din rail but on my c/u they dont appear to do anything, it appears that they just locate on the top hook part of mcb and then they are tightened on the main busbar, can anyone clarify this? regards.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well it should.

MTN116.jpg

Is it broken?

They do all look a bit twisted.
This does happen after fitting but if you are trying put one in twisted it may affect the operation, I suppose.

Is the live busbar mechanically fixed to the board? (Not just held in by the iso/devices). If so, if the breaker hooks into din rail and you get a sound fixing onto line bubar, that would satisfactory.

The old GE boards are the same, with what I'd call a half DIN rail at the back of the board.

To iterate PBoD you say they're secured onto the busbar, which if the busbar itself is secure will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back