Hager's current line of domestic consumer units.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me, or do others find it almost impossible to remove breakers without dropping the busbar out?. It seems that busbar tab doesn't allow you enough room to manuaover the lower clip completly clear of the the DIN rail.

I seem to remember the older hager units only had the top profile of the bar, rather like 3ph boards do and that seemed a better idea to me!

Sponsored Links
I prefer the new boards. I can't remember having ever had trouble removing the breakers.

Personally I didn't like the old design with half a DIN rail as it meant you couldn't cut the busbar short and install time switches / contactors etc at the end of the board properly.

I thought you could remove the mcbs without taking the busbar out.
I know with the wylex dbs you have to remove the busbar to get the mcb.

Maybe its just me then :oops:

Jay, theres two versions of the current wylex boards, the fixed configuration ones are piece of cake to get out, the ones that are installer configurable are a bit of a pain

Sponsored Links
Maybe its just me then :oops:

I had to do one a few months ago and yes we had to shut half the pub down too do it.

But it took longer than we thought as it was a big board with about 14 breakers or so, i recall

Had a further look into this recently, and it seems theres some variation about.

If you are fitting a newer style hager domestic MCB then the busbar clip moves right down and the device will go in or out without issue

If however what you are fitting is an RCBO*, they have a different style of clip which moves down far less, and while you can just about get enough movement in it to put it in, the angle on the top busbar clip seems to stop you getting it out again without removing the busbar (in the way that a door catch allows a door to be pushed closed, but not pulled open without depressing handle)

* or an older hager MCB as a short term measure, or (I think) mcbs from the commericial ranges [in order to get a type C]

Any thoughts rob? is it just me not seeing the bleeding obvious?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back