MCBS. upgrading a MCB on an older board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
can you guys help me out here. Im looking at a 16 year old schneider MCB board. square D. I tend not to mix and match but the client needs an update from 32amp to 40amp MCB Type B 6 KA for a repalcement shower.No manufacturers warranty to worry about here but the client is insisting on an exact match (RETIRED ENGINEER). He found a used one on Ebay which i'm reluctant to use. Is there a modern schneider replacement that will be an exact fit or other make. Its Saturday Pm so I cant get an answer as all the local wholesalers are shut.

Sponsored Links
I assume there is already RCD protection, if not you will be looking for an RCBO. As the MI of the new shower will very likely state the requirement of this additional protection.

You wont get a new one that fits the old boards. You certainly wont get an RCBO for it.

Id use the eBay one and add an external RCD, or install a complete external "shower" CU.
\
\

Sponsored Links
I think you can still get qoe MCBs if this is the correct type. They are a different design to the older ones as they just have a normal looking MCB switch on them.

What model of square d board is it? I've in the last 6 months bought new RCBOs for both the KQ and QO range of boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back