MCB's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone know what a 16A MCB is used for as 6A is for lighting and 32A is for sockets.

Sponsored Links
p33kev said:
Hi, does anyone know what a 16A MCB is used for as 6A is for lighting and 32A is for sockets.

16A is for anything drawing upto 16A. could be immersion heater, radial, possibly supply to shed/garage

Fridge/Freezer, Aircon, NSH, 2.5mm² socket radials...

p33kev - why?

And why 16A? Why not also ask what 0.3A/0.5A/1A/1.6A/2A/3A/4A/8A/10A/13A/20A/25A/40A/50A/63A MCBs are for?

B16 amp MCB.

The 16amp Radial Circuit is Very Common in houses, as the feed to either the Immersion Heater, Fridge Freezer, or Storage Heaters etc.

A B16 MCB feeds a 2.5.sq.mm. cable, which runs to a double pole switched 13amp fuse-connection unit, and then on to the Immersion Heater, or Fridge Freezer etc...

Sponsored Links
Ban

I have a 0.3A type B breaker - will it support a 12kW shower, or would I be better off going for the next size up? ;)

PS I'm not picking at Kev......but at Ban and his crazy list of mcb sizes!!

Yes your 3 amp would power a 12kW shower just as long you turn the heat setting knob to very low

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back