McCulloch petrol strimmer

I got around to trying this and it's just not having it, i think I've exhausted everything now and need to admit defeat.
I had to do that once with a 50cc 2-stroke moped I bought about 15 years ago. A Puch Grand Prix. I bought it as a runner and it was immaculate. As I had a 'full' moped licence I could take pillion riders on the back and didn't need 'L' plates. One day I was screaming down the A13 at nearly 50mph when it felt like the ignition had been switched off. I got it back to the garage and checked everything ten times over. Points, condenser, plug, fuel, compression. Everything was there. Tried for weeks but no joy. Anyway I ended up selling it to a Puch enthusiast who was over the moon with it because of the condition. I spoke to him about a year later and asked him what it was. He said he gave up on it too and sold it on!

980DB42E-1E0B-418A-BCFB-AC02B17CB779.jpeg 94C8B961-9F15-4031-9FA4-C99D9F58514D.jpeg

Just checked online and it's been untaxed since 2006 so I guess it never did get fixed.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back