MDF fascia boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been repointing verges on a house in the town where i live.These houses are appx 5 yrs old and cost an arm and a leg(very exclusive shall we say).Anyway i must have done work on at least 8 different houses.All pointing,not enough cement in the mix,all powdery.Basicly the whole estate is full of houses that are built to a poor standard.Right the customer said can you check my fascia board,the paint seems to have blisters on it.Check i did and to say i was shocked was an under statement,it was not wood but MDF,My fingers went right through the so called blister and into a brown mush.It was not the whole fascia board but the deep part at the bottom.They just dont build em like they used too........Keeps the likes of me in work anyway. :D

Sponsored Links
MDF fascias :eek:

Thats a new one!!

Sounds worth a quote for full replacement upvc though, could be a nice job.

I was up on a new extention tuesday which cost 40k investigating a leak in the valley after the builders had done a bunk.

I was rather suprised to find a 12 inch strip of 4mm capsheet felt nailed into the valley instead of lead
They are out there alright!

We did a huge David Wilson site of 37 'new build' houses and they used the left overs of all the skirting board as fascia!! We couldn't believe it :eek:

Sponsored Links
@ Regencyroofingipswich-They just want the wide parts at the bottom replaced,the MDF,the rest is ok(real wood :eek: ).My mates a land scape gardener and he done a bit of work on a back garden on this estate.He said it was like 2 inch of top soil the rest was clay,he found scaffold clips,angle beads,bricks you name it.He said it looked like any rubbish lying around had just been burried in the gardens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back