MDF Versus Softwood Linings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the advantages & disadvantages during installation of MDF door linings over that of softwood linings. Both will come pre-erected but need to know what has to be done differently to install MDF, and whether the joiner who will be fitting them will require more money because of time issues. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The time difference of fitting timber or mdf is no difference. Sometime MDF skirting boards or architrave can be quicker when using no-nail sealant but will need a very sharp tools when dealing with MDF.

My opinion is MDF is better as it's very smooth and flat and no twisted as in timber and the paint finish is neater as well, I have just nearly finishing my hall with mdf architrave + skirting boards and you cannot tell if it's plaster moulding or MDF!

STA71919.jpg

STA71917.jpg

STA71916.jpg

The door stops still got to be done as well when renewing all the doors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back