MDPE Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am running some blue poly and have used some fittings like these:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=17141&ts=44564

As it is the first time I have used these, what it the correct way of installing them, should they be dismantled before installation, or is it a case of inserting the poly and then tightening?

I ask this because I have used a coupling, but one end of the fitting is weeping and I can't seem to stop it!

Kind Regards

V

Sponsored Links
These don't need to be dismantled prior to fitting, but there is a knack to them. Firstly fit the plastic insert into the end of the pipe, second push the pipe in until you feel a stop & then give it another shove & it will go in a little bit further, then you will have a watertight joint. Biggest mistake with these fittings is stopping when you feel that first point of resistance thinking you've made the joint, you haven't, the face of the pipe has not gone past the rubber & needs that second shove to make the joint. That's probably why the joint is leaking.

Sponsored Links
I did use the inserts, but I think Keego has hit the nail on the head.

Thanks again

V

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back