Me Mams Wedding Ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of the spring cleaning regime I'm reminded that I still possess 'me mams' wedding ring.

All of her grandchildren politely declined recycling it when they wed, so it's sat in my missus's jewellery box with no particular purpose in life.

We have a fairly local & very talented manufacturing jeweller, who I'm sure could melt it down & turn it into something stunning.

But what, & for who ???

Sponsored Links
If it was me I'd keep it as it is. If you feel it is worth changing firstly get it weighed and graded for its value. Then if the value makes changing it worthwhile have made into a piece of costume jewellery either for the wife or your favourite granddaughter.

Yes keep as is. Put it on display in the living room for all to see...

Sponsored Links
We have a fairly local & very talented manufacturing jeweller, who I'm sure could melt it down & turn it into something stunning.
We were in a similar situation years ago with my grans wedding ring, a plain 9 ct gold band. The local jeweller said that if the ring had been an extra wide 22ct band it might be worth the cost of conversion. As it was, he suggested slipping the ring on to a gold chain and using it as a necklace. We did and my sister has worn it round her neck for the past 50+ years.

If you want to donate to charity, the major ones will have an office that accumulates old jewellery and sells it for scrap. This will save auction fees.

The value is mostly sentimental.

Many people keep old wedding rings as a memento.

Sometimes a granddaughter with small fingers will like it (people are bigger these days)

Wear it on a chain and call it My Precious

Sponsored Links
Back