Measuring mains pressure without outside tap or w/m outlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per title....
Am trying to decide what type of boiler to go for in our renovation project, but we currently haven't got either of the above. What's the best way to do this please?

I've measured the flow rate at an inside tap, which is 22l/m dropping to 12l/m if another tap is fully opened. Would like to know our mains pressure to weigh up whether to spend the extra money on an unvented system over a storage combi.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tia.

Sponsored Links
Pressure, or flow?

Both will require a full bore outlet, so temp fit one!

Sometimes mains pressure pipes in the loft are more accessible than cupboards etc

Pressure, or flow?

Both will require a full bore outlet, so temp fit one!

Sometimes mains pressure pipes in the loft are more accessible than cupboards etc
No pipes in the loft. Sorry to be an idiot, but what is a full bore outlet and where would i fit it please?
Thanks.

I've measured the flow rate at an inside tap, which is 22l/m dropping to 12l/m if another tap is fully opened. Would like to know our mains pressure to weigh up whether to spend the
Were both taps cold taps fed directly from the mains (not from the cold water tank in the loft)?

Sponsored Links
Yes, there are only cold taps in the place, straight off the mains. No header tank.

Hi all, still trying to figure out how best to fit a pressure gauge to my system, so any more advice would be great. :oops:

Also, if I'd opt for an unvented system, would I be correct in saying that water pressure at a particular outlet would not be affected by the location of the cylinder (e.g. shower pressure in the loft would be the same whether the cylinder is located on the ground or first floor)?

The more I read the more confused I seem to get...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back