Low mains pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a low cold water mains pressure coming into our house. Our outside piping connects to the water main about 400 yards down the road near a school (we live rural) and I think that is our main problem. We do get 1 bar static pressure so the water authority will do nothing about increasing it. I want to upgrade our heating and water system from a gravity fed hot water tank and old Mexico boiler (poor head as flat roofed house) to a system boiler with megaflo hotwater cylinder. We want to have a nice large shower cabinet with large drench head shower and possibly body jets and good pressure and flow throughout the house. I think I measured flow before at about 8 l/m currently. I have been reading that about 3 bar pressure is good for an unvented megaflo and I'll need a better flow rate than 8l/m for it to be decent. We like a shower and the main purpose apart from upgrading an old tired system is to have a luxury shower like we had in our old house as opposed to an electric shower which we have now. I've read that I would probably have to install a break tank and booster pump is this correct? If so how much capacity? There are three of us in the house using two bathrooms with showers and one WC downstairs. I'd want to fit as big a system as possible so I'm thinking 300l megaflo? And what size break tank? And would I have to install the tank indoors or could I install it outside or even underground outside? (I have a digger).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back