Power shower v. Megaflo mains pressure cylinder shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have rubbish water pressure upstairs in our house (gravity fed) where there are 2 showers. The mains pressure is fine.

The solutions are:
Electric showers: Will cost £200 each plus the wiring from the fuse box AND we can't risk running both simultaneously are we'll blow the main house fuse!

Power showers: ?costs and noisy BUT the cylinder is IN the bathroom so extensive pipeworks probably not needed.

Megaflo HW system to deliver mains pressure to the showers. Will cost £900 for the cylinder alone.

Q: Will we get similar pressure (or well-acceptable pressure) from all 3 shower types?

MY thinking is to get an electric shower in our ensuite and a pump power shower in the kids bathroom on the basis they'll obviously be awake when they use it so the pump won't disturb.

The costs of the Megaflo: Well surely all I'm getting is good shower pressure? Any other reason why I'd get it? The existing system has a good 5 years left in it so it's not as if there's any other reason to change it right now!

Guide us oh wise ones!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We have rubbish water pressure upstairs in our house (gravity fed) where there are 2 showers. The mains pressure is fine.

The solutions are:
Electric showers: Will cost £200 each plus the wiring from the fuse box AND we can't risk running both simultaneously are we'll blow the main house fuse!

Power showers: ?costs and noisy BUT the cylinder is IN the bathroom so extensive pipeworks probably not needed.

Megaflo HW system to deliver mains pressure to the showers. Will cost £900 for the cylinder alone.

Q: Will we get similar pressure (or well-acceptable pressure) from all 3 shower types?

MY thinking is to get an electric shower in our ensuite and a pump power shower in the kids bathroom on the basis they'll obviously be awake when they use it so the pump won't disturb.

The costs of the Megaflo: Well surely all I'm getting is good shower pressure? Any other reason why I'd get it? The existing system has a good 5 years left in it so it's not as if there's any other reason to change it right now!

Guide us oh wise ones!

Miljee, it's been a year since you posted and I am in same dilemma as you did you manage to work it out ? Any help appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back