Mechanical timer for DP 20A

Thanks. I think I will not replace 'MK LOGIC PLUS 20A 1-GANG DP CONTROL SWITCH WHITE WITH NEON' with 'Greenbrook timer' as JohnD mentions it will lose DP isolation lose and will cause an issue to my immersion heater immediately. :(

Sponsored Links
Yes

Yes

It will be the immersion heater that in time, will go faulty. And eventually the timer will wear out. It is very preferable to have DP isolation before starting repair.

All you have to do is drill two holes in the wall and screw on an extra plastic backbox.

60pence

Is this diagram to connection looks good to you?
How to connect.jpg

Attachments

• How to connect.jpg
    How to connect.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 28
Your diagram above is correct.
If the flex cable to the immersion is long enough, then often this cable is simply used to go in and out of the new timer, with no need to disturb the DP switch..
Connecting the flex cable Earth wires together within the timer.

Sponsored Links
Yes details here but my question is why do you need a time switch? If you have off peak then good idea, but a tank of water takes so long to cool, unless off peak or a Willis System there seems little point.

Yes details here but my question is why do you need a time switch? If you have off peak then good idea, but a tank of water takes so long to cool, unless off peak or a Willis System there seems little point.
Good catch. I use a direct e7 copper cylinder and can utilize an off-peak rate. I only need hot water to wash the dishes, hands, and face. The off-peak will cost me £0.80 per hour. To boil the whole tank will cost me £4 per day (It takes 5 hours to boil it). I tried with 2 hours off-peak, it only cost me £1.60 to boil the right temperature for me to wash the dishes, hands, and face. So, I plan to use timer for my off-peak.
I just found another device which is TIMEGUARD FBT4N 4 Hour Electronic Boost Timer (double poles). I guess I can replace my 'MK LOGIC PLUS 20A 1-GANG DP CONTROL SWITCH WHITE WITH NEON' with it. Or fit it downstream of the DP switch.
If I just replace my 'MK LOGIC PLUS 20A 1-GANG DP CONTROL SWITCH WHITE WITH NEON' with it. Do you think it will work? So, I don't need to create another hole on my wall

Thanks everyone. I replaced 'MK LOGIC PLUS 20A 1-GANG DP CONTROL SWITCH WHITE WITH NEON' . FBT4N solve my problem :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230218_011655263.jpg
    IMG_20230218_011655263.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 32

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back