mega flo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I am Brett Hunter, new to this forum. Hope someone can help.

I am wiring up a heating system for my little bro and, as per usual he buys bits from all over the place.

Problem is, he has a megaflo cylinder, 3 port valve and external pump. All ok but wiring needs a live return from the cylinder stat when tank is up to temp and all stops. The mega flo stat dosen't have one when it switches over.

Any solutions.

Kind regards

Brett

:?:

Sponsored Links
Brett, a Mega Flow is an unvented cylinder ! These need to be installed by a person who has qualified to install them. If wrongly fitted they can explode violently!

When its correctly installed it does NOT need an off contact on the stat !

You are obviously working on an installation without the qualification or the required knowledge! That will result in a dangerous installation which could kill someone!

Show your brother this and hopefully he will see sense and get someone who is qualified.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Understood.

I was just looking at the wiring, the ''Qualified Plumber'' plumbed system in and disapeared for the past two weeks with the money,came recommended as well. The wiring needs to be connected and I was going over it for him. I know it is an unvented system and hazards that come with it. Just trying to help but will chase the plumber again and again and again.

Cheers

so your brother's qualified plumber didn't fit a 2 port valve, what qualifications does he have?

Sponsored Links
It is irresponsible of the qualified person to leave an unfinished installation where others will be temped to complete it wrongly.

If you can post a photo of the cylinder and its controls here we will have a better idea of how dangerous it could be.

But we are not allowed to give advice here on gas or unventeds to enable people to do work for which they are not qualified.

Tony

Thanks gents.

As you quite rightly say, very unproffesional of a fellow tradesman. I will pass info on and swallow the costs lost and get one of you boys on the case. Thanks for your advice, I understand the issues.

Once again

Thank you, you have been very helpfull

You boys work quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miracle workers. Bro just called plumber and mentioned our conversation and will be on site first thing in the morning.

Let you know how he gets on.

Once again, thankyou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back