Mega Flow or Vaillant Eco-Tech plus 937 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice. I was thinking of installing a vaillant 93 combi in my house (1 bathroom, 1 en-suite, 2 toilets). I know its large but I have the space and wanted becuase of its storage tanks and the fact that I could run a bath (in the bathroom) and shower in the ensuite without it affecting the water temperature or pressure. However, recently someone told me about that a mega flow system might be better. I'm having work done in the house so building control is already involved so I dont think that side of the thing will be a problem. But I just dont know enough about a mega flow system - its benefits, cons, etc to take a decision.

Anyone here have any experiance of both systems, what would be best for me? The house is a 4 bed and will have 3 adults and 2 kids

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what flow rate do you have into your property ? the pressure and flow rate are the most important pieces of information when deciding what kind of system your going to have installed, have these checked and ask again.

Hi,

Not sure about flow rate...but I am having my connection from the main redone again in 22 or 26mm pipe - sorry if it sounds a bit dumb

Flow rate, flow rate , flow rate.

The size of the pipe is often bandied by installers as the magical solution. It isn't.

Your flow rate will be decided by the water supplier, your pipe sizing merely helps you optimise what is available to you.

Make sure you know what is available, before making any big budget decisions on equipment.

Sponsored Links
I could run a bath (in the bathroom) and shower in the ensuite without it affecting the water temperature or pressure
That's a little hopeful. Forget the boiler, you would need to carefully specify your pipework to avoid the shower flow rate dropping when you ran a bath.

The boiler is a 37kW combi with a small storage tank (only 15l!) so it can boost flow rates to 20l/min (30 degree rise) for a short period. Long enough for a shower, but nowhere near enough to supply a shower and run a bath at the same time. Depending on your shower flow rate, you could shower and run a bath quite slowly, but then what would be the point of that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back