MegaFlo CL250HE - discharge from PRV

What is your obsession with unvented hot water and expolosions??

I agree a poorly installed (ie capped off blow offs) could be dangerous but please provide evidence of a recently well installed unvented tank going bang. Many of the newer tanks hold enough pressure that even is all saftey devices did fail then they could hold the pressure and it would be a tap that gave way long before the tank did.

Your living an old reality and a modern myth. it aint true.

Sponsored Links
HarrogateGas wrote:
At last, someone talking sense.

Oh No! Not another one with only half a clue about thermal storage.

Whats was not thought out by WS is the fact that this is only 12months old and under builders guarentee. Do we think this customer really wants to be shelling out for a heat store when what he has is perfectly good and a decent hot water system.

One has more of chance of a big blast the other does not. Take your choice.

I agree oilman regarding the mixing valve. ive lost count of the number of oventrop blending valves ive changed on a Gledhill. They are not a cheap component either.

Replace with a cheaper type. You are attempting to say they have early failure, which is not the case. Replacing a lot means there is a lot in your area. TMVs are to be manatory on every system, so will be a general point in the near future.

TMVs don't have to be on heat banks to maintain a constant DHW temperature. See my other post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back