How to turn off hot water supply from Megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need to change my kitchen sink and tap and have the competence, but having moved into a new house with a Megaflo, I was wondering how to best isolate the hot water. Because the tap is below the level of the Megaflo, it continues to run with the mains water feed switched off. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Spencer

Sponsored Links
turn the mains off then you have to wait until the water stops, it will stop, its just the pressure from the internal air bubble making the water run.

While doing that you might as well follow the instructions on the side for reforming the bubble!

Tony

OK thanks - my megaflo is buried in the airing cupboard, so I think I will need to dig deep for those instructions.

I just thought, if I just let the hot water run out from the tank, is it a definite that I should reform the air bubble, or will all be back to normal if I simply turn on the mains water again?

Sponsored Links
If you dont reform the bubble then it will just be back to where it was before you started.

The instructions for reforming the bubble are conveniently on their web site as well!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back