Megaflo (Heatrae Sadia) - Isolating HW to change a tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm going to change a kitchen tap and the HW is supplied from a Megaflo.

Shutting off the cold is easy enough as there is a mains shut off inside the house easily accessible. Unfortunately there is no valves present at the sink so I need to shut off the hot water.

Having never worked with a Megaflo before how do I go about shutting off the hot water to change the tap? Anything specific I need to watch out for that you would't normally.

I noticed there was a shut off valve on the inlet side of the tank.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You should be able to shut off your incoming water main and that should isolate both the hot and the cold as you have a mains fed cylinder. The hot may take a little longer to stop running due to the pressure built up with in the cylinder. Take the opportunity to fit an isolation valve under the sink. Also there is sometimes a valve before the pressure reducing valve on the cold inlet feeding the cylinder.

Makes sense, thank you for the quick reply.

Nothing to worry about when refilling the tank? Mains pressure on the cold inlet enough to force any air out of an open hot tap?

Will fit an isolating valve under the sink.

Yes, shut off on the cold inlet before the PRV

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back