Megaflo cylinder with Potterton Suprima boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have moved into a house that I assume has an unvented system. My old house just had a basic conventional boiler which caused no problems in 20 years. I periodically put in Sentinel x100 inhibitor and was wondering whether I can do this with the new central heating system. I have a megaflo cylinder and a Potterton Suprima boiler. From what I have looked at on the internet I assume it is a unvented sysyem which is pressurised as there is a small expansion tank with a pressure gauge. My question is can I put any inhibitor in the system or is it not required on these type of central heating system.
Thank you in advance for any responses

Sponsored Links
All types of heating system should have inhibitor in, and overdosing is much better than underdosing, so by all means put some more in. You have a sealed system, the 'unvented' bit refers specifically to your Megaflo

You might find it easiest to use something like Fernox F1 Express and inject via the filling loop

Although always recommended in the UK, its not normally used in places like Germany although they do properly clean systems unlike most installers here.

A sealed system cannot get anything in or out !

My view is that inhibitor only does anything much when a cleaned system is filled for the first time.

I always add it though when fitting a new boiler as the British Standards require it and I always comply with requirements!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back