MEGAFLO- does it need to be switched on to work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm a total noob so please excuse my stupid question.

please skip to the question in red if you can't be bothered to read my ramblings!:

we have a weird heating system in my house, installed before i moved in.

we have an ordinary boiler in the kitchen and a MEGAFLO upstairs in the bathroom.

when it was installed, it was done so in an odd way. this was for a legitimate reason to do with the houses odd pluming but in any case it was a work around, so i've been told!

so the boiler in the kitchen packed up and we got the gas man to come over (we have a service contract).. he fixed the boiler and looked at the system and was quite confused by our pluming! anyway that's not the question.

he told me that our kitchen boiler feeds hot water into the MEGAFLO tank upstairs and we should leave the MEGAFLO switched off.

here's where it gets complicated: we have normal mains pressure FROM the MEGAFLO. i'm guessing this is the 'loss of bubble' i've read about here. so my question is this:

after i've fixed the bubble problem do i need to switch the thing on to have the high pressure effect. or is it plugged in purely to heat the water.

sorry for the essay, thought i'd put everything in contex.!

Sponsored Links
The Megaflow is only plugged it to heat it for when the boiler is not working.

Unless there is a problem you should not reform the bubble.

The pressure is derived from the mains and should be constant.

Tony

The Megaflow is only plugged it to heat it for when the boiler is not working.

Unless there is a problem you should not reform the bubble.

The pressure is derived from the mains and should be constant.

Tony

thanks!

yea well after we had the bathroom redone this year the water pressure wasn't as high as it was before. they turned off the mains to fit the new bathroom. i was thinking that i would have to call someone in. but after reading this forum a little i think that it lost the bubble when they shut the mains off.

what i'm talking about here is when you put the sower on it used to 'sense' that and suddenly the shower pressure would come up, and stay up, a constant high pressure.

now it doesnt do that, i turn the shower on and it's as if it's just mains pressure, nothing more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back