Megaflo Y Plan query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What does sending 230v to terminal 3 of the Megaflo thermal control panel from DHW off actually do?

If call for DHW is satisfied then 230v goes to the 3 port - understood, and the 230v is removed from the 2 port so boiler not on. Can't see what the thermal controls are doing at this stage.

Sponsored Links
Why have you got a 3 port on an ecoTEC 630, this is too restrictive to flow?

Sound like an unqualified non compliant install to me.

I'm on a job and have been asked to wire it so the 3 port was not my decision.

Just wondering what the 3 terminal on the Megaflo does as obviously with 2 2 ports this is not used.

Sponsored Links
2 port that comes with the Megaflo and a 3 port. There is a wiring diagram with the Megaflo that shows this arrangement.

Hot water OFF from programmer goes to grey of 3 port and also to terminal 3 of Megaflo thermal controls.

Looks like it switches 2 to either 1 or 3 a mega would tell you.

You need power on the grey to motor the 3port to htg only

What does sending 230v to terminal 3 of the Megaflo thermal control panel from DHW off actually do?

If call for DHW is satisfied then 230v goes to the 3 port - understood, and the 230v is removed from the 2 port so boiler not on. Can't see what the thermal controls are doing at this stage.
you are not sending 230v to the megaflo you are obtaining 230v from its control stat satisfied terminal

Matt

I'm on a job and have been asked to wire it so the 3 port was not my decision.

On the job on a Sunday lunchtime?

Not in Church, with the inlaws, car boot sale or at the pub?

I hope that you are G3 registered!

Is it an unvented megaflo? I don't think your allowed to fit a Y plan with a unvented cylinder.

Edit:

Just read your post again ignore my p**h talk :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back