Megaflow - poor flow rates?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I noticed a couple of years back lxbn was going to have a Megaflow installed even though his flow rates were not good. Does anyone know if he went ahead with the installation and if he was happy with it. We are in exactly the same position - flow rates of about 12l per m and 1.5 bar pressure. But there is only two of us so wondered if it would really be a problem for us. Any advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can't see why you would want an unvented cylinder when the flow rate could be delivered by a new combi in its sleep.

12l/m is OK for a shower but everything will stop if you run another outlet, hot or cold.

Whether someone else thought it was alright is not really a good yardstick. Some people, eg a 4 person family, would fit it very difficult, if you were living with just a partner and disciplined each other not to open taps at inopportune moments, it might be perfect.

So really the solution depends on your lifestyle, just like choosing a car. A 2 seater soft top is no good for a 4 person family (as I keep telling Mrs SimonD).

I agree with Simon.

Cut your costs and get a 30Kw combi installed. This will be the best your flow/pressure can work with.

At only 12l/min I wouldn't be happy fitting any combi. I always work on needing twice the maximum hot water flow rate into the property. This will give a better chance of the system working when a cold water tap is opened. With only 12 l/min every time the cold tap on the kitchen sink is opened the hot water performance will suffer.

For any mains fed system I'm a lot happier if I can see at least 30 l/min coming into the property.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, We are going to replace the mains coming in as have just found bodge job done years ago reducing the pipe size - it may help us out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back