WaterFlow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a problem since my new system was installed. The house was completely re-plumbed. I have an Unvented System, with Worcester Bosch boiler and Megaflow Tank. I have a new mains supply over a 32mm pipe.
The Tank and Boiler are in the loft, about 8 metres above the stopcock.

I have a Bronze pump for the hot water supply around the house. The hot water system works fine with no problem.

I have a water softener and can easily bypass the water softener, which I have done to try and understand the problem.

The garden taps and kitchen tap are on the hard water supply. The water company are supplying me 2.5 bar and circa 15 litres per minute.

The Megaflow tank has balancing valves on it which I am told is to ensure that the Megaflow is not supplied with more than 3 bar (!).

Now for the problem which no one seems to be able to solve. When I run one cold water tap on the soft water side of the system (Water softener in circuit or bypassed) the flow rate is fine, although 9-10 litres per minute, but as soon as I open a second outlet or run a toilet the flow of water almost disappears.

The standing pressure at the Megaflow Tank is 2.5 Bar, which seems pretty good compared to the mains, but as soon as I open a cold water on the soft water side of the system the standing pressure drops to > 0.5 bar.

Any help appreciated. Ken

Sponsored Links
Sometimes with new supplies you get grit come through which collect in filters/strainers on the softener. Also alot of modern taps have filters on the ends. Try checking there clear

Have you checked that the stopcock and valve at the water meter, if you have one, are fully open?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your suggestions. We have changed the water meter, flushed the mains, 32 mm pipe back toward the meter. I am about to change the stop cock, which is also new

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back