Megaflow pressure reducing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've been a forum lurker for a while and my time has finally come to have to ask something which the search doesn't find an answer for me ..

Megaflow water tank closed system which started to drip last night, I instinctively re-charged the air bubble. But, half way through I also noticed the pressure reducing valve was pretty scaled up all over the top .. I cleared this away and noticed a small amount of water seeping from the top, which after a while stopped.

I didn't check the temperature of the water going through the tundra(?) so I don't actually know if it was hot water and the tank needed doing or if was cold and actually from the reducing valve/expansion valve and it was cold. I wish they had separated the two..

I Checked again this morning and more water has leaked from the top of the reducing valve. I need to do some more tests tonight but any thoughts ? .. It looks like the valve can be unscrewed to be cleaned or should I call someone rather than meddling .. I appreciate its a closed system, and dangerous ..

There was still a drip after re-charging but this seems to be normal for a while and each time I have previously been through the process. Someone mentioned scale gets in and once opened the valves rarely fully close.

Thanks in advance for any advice ..

Sponsored Links
sounds like your control group may need replacing, this is a safety critical part and should only be done by a G3 certificated enginner.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's called the combination valve, but you need the PRV as well.

Check the size and model, or you could end up with the wrong one.

Do a google for price as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back