Megaflow system timer not working but the booster is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Ok so thought I would post something on here quickly as it's driving me mad. I'm in the process of having a loft conversion done at the moment and despite the fact they have done a good job with the loft conversion itself they have never got the hot water/heating system right since they moved it up to the loft.

So at the moment I'm finding that the 1 hour boost for the hot water is working and is the only way I'm getting hot water. The timer is supposed to come on at 5am to heat the hot water and go off again at 7am. But it doesn't ever come on. It's supposed to come on again at 4pm until 6pm tonight but I need to wait until later to see if it does but I don't think it will.

Up until last week this was all working fine apart from we had a fault on the boiler that was showing an F2 code which seem to indicate that the flame was going out. This seemed to happen for about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening on a vicious cycle! The burner would go on, show an F2 code and then start the cycle again.

They seemed to stop this happening but now the timer doesn't work.

Now I have gone back and forth to the builder that is doing the work as they moved it but I'm almost at the point where I am going to say to him you have one more chance to sort it or I'm going to call someone out and knock it off what I owe you. Has anyone had an issue like this with the hot water and with a builder where you have had to get someone else in?

Not sure how many times I can keep getting them back before I say enough is enough I'm calling someone else! :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We'd need to know a loot more about what sort of system you have, and probably some photographs, before the crystal ball can be started up.

What boiler (make and model), what type of hot water system (vented, un-vented?), what controls (programmer, thermostat(s)), what type of / how many motorised valves.

Yeah will have to wait until I get home as I don't know anything about plumbing etc! :)

I have spoken to the builder doing the work and he said that the electrician looked at it and said that the hot water had been manually turned off from the panel that controls the times the hot water comes on etc? Is that even possible? I said I didn't even know it was possible to manually turn off the hot water!

Are you using the words programmer and timer and panel to mean the same thing?
Are you suggesting that the timer does not work? Perhaps you meant the hot water heating system doesn't work?

Firstly, does the timer have indicator lights to show when the hot water generation time is on? There is usually one for the CH side too.
Does this indicator come on when the 'boost' is active?
If that is the symptom then you can be sure that the electrician has found a 'finger trouble' fault, and that indeed the hot water function had been turned off at the timer.
If that fits the symptoms then to prevent recurrance, and to prevent the unnecessary waste of the sparky's time, may I suggest you obtain a copy of the timer user instruction, read them, and refer to them when needed.

If it's not what I suggested then please elaborate.

MM

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back