megaflow systemfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I was reading about the Megaflow system fit.
This cylinder comes with everythig pre assembled, valves, pump etc. It says a system boiler would not be suitable for this because it already has a built in pump.

What boiler would be suitable? Maybe a conventional boiler ?

Can you get a conventional boiler that is also a condensing boiler?

If you had a system boiler on a vented system and wanted to change to unvented would you have to change the boiler? or would this be unpractical?

Thank you for any responses

Sponsored Links
Yes conventional will be fine (and most are condensing). Condensing means that it recycles the heat that is normally just vented to atmosphere. I believe all new boilers should be of the condensing type (to meet the required efficiency rating) unless certain critera are met.

2nd part is a bit confusing but I'll try and help. You can have a system boiler feeding a conventional cylinder with a cold water storage tank in the loft. At a later date you could go to unvented DHW this would then mean you no longer require the tank in the loft. You then would not buy the pre plumbed unvented cylinder. Just remember if you do it this way you need to get a cold water feed to the unvented cylinder preferably in 22mm and also depending on water pressure and layout cold feeds to showers after the 3 bar combination valve that would be part of the install for the unvented cylinder. This ensures that the feed to the showers are balanced hot and cold.

I am sure one of the pros will be along if any of this is wrong :)

edited for correction

system boiler and F&E tank.. I don't think so.

system fit with heat only boiler.

cheaper option to have standard megaflow (£200-300 less)and just pipe up the bits. you can then use either heat only boiler or system boiler.

Sponsored Links
Opps didn't mean F&E that is the whole point of a system boiler as it removes the need for one due to integral expansion vessel. However I will edit my post to say cold water storage (which is what I meant). I believe that a system boiler can heat a DHW cylinder. But as before I am sure someone will be along to confirm if a system boiler can be used to heat a "normal" storage cylinder as I am not sure where the expansion in the cylinder would go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back