Megane 05 Windscreen Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Megane 05, recently I had the windscreen changed by National, the external rubber strips on the top and sides of the screen appear to just push on. After a week or so going down the motorway the rubber strip on the nearside came loose and started flapping in the wind, no problem I put it down to teething probs and pushed it back on and it has not come away since.

Now about two weeks ago the top rubber strip came loose although only when I got up to about 85 and I duly pushed it back on. However now whenever I reach that kind of speed it comes loose again.

I can of course contact National and get them back and do not anticipate any problem getting them back out however my question is, is there some kind of sealant or glue that they can/should have used? I am nervous they will just stick a load of silicone or similar in there and should a new windscreen be required again in the future the rubber strip may need replacing.

Sponsored Links
These sealing strips have nothing to do with the integrity of the windscreen itself - they are there to finish the vehicle off, if you like, and provide streamlining and anti noise to a certain degree.
They don't like being disturbed, as you have found out - but its a regular thing and I usually look for a hot glue solution or maybe some silicone sealant to stick 'em back down.
John :)

Cheers Burny, am aware they have no effect regards holding the screen in, will give Nationwide a bell and see what they say.

Sponsored Links
Back