meggers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone reccomend a particular brand/model number of a megger. about to buy one and not sure what to go for?

and do all meggers have continuity buzzers?

Sponsored Links
I prefer the Robin single units but that is my own personal opinion and not meant as derogatory to any of the other manufacturers

was looking at a couple on ebay at the moment

what do you think?

or this one

or

this one

edited to correct links

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i have a megger. not sure of the model number, but its the 1 that only does 500V

EDIT: just looked - its a BM221

Sponsored Links
It is worth while buying an insulation tester capable of 250v for selv/pelv and 500v for LV. An added bonus I find with the BM403/2 is it has a 200mA continuity resistance test. It also does 1Kv IR although I have never really needed to use it.

I've got BM221 ir tester + LT7 efli tester + CB3 rcd tester all are easy to use, but I've just invested in a Fluke 1653 combination tester even better.

comms said:
I've got BM221 ir tester + LT7 efli tester + CB3 rcd tester all are easy to use, but I've just invested in a Fluke 1653 combination tester even better.

selling your RCD tester? im after 1

and i just got an LT5 loop tester a few weeks ago...

FAO: COMMS

Are you interested in selling your old RCD tester?

sorry to bump this thread but he doesnt have an email in his profile

nabby68 said:
could anyone reccomend a particular brand/model number of a megger. about to buy one and not sure what to go for?
and do all meggers have continuity buzzers?
Megger is a brand name, there are many makes that probably will satisfy what you need, the question is what do you need and what for, are you using it for professional use or DIY, in general I think that the multitesters (all in one), are the most easy to work with, make sure that it complies with 16th edition and calibrated (can cost up to £140). I am using the Fluke 1653, and I am happy with its' performance, good luck

Albert said:
Megger is a brand name.
Yup.

So is Hoover, Thermos, Biro, Sellotape, Portakabin, Rollerblade, Ethernet, Post-It, Coke, Walkman, Kleenex, Tippex, Blu-Tak......

The Fluke range of 1651/2/3 have a latent defect in that after about an hour of testing Zs the readings become erratic. Just got rid of mine for that reason.

pdcelec said:
The Fluke range of 1651/2/3 have a latent defect in that after about an hour of testing Zs the readings become erratic. Just got rid of mine for that reason.
This is new to me, never had a problem, is it possible that your meter was defective?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back